Monday, July 21, 2008

Marcus Miller - Jaco's Teen Town Slap Bass Style

What am I working on this week? Jacos "Teen Town". This is one of those songs that I have always struggled with. The section right after the opening theme has always given me fits. So I have used it for years as a string skipping exercise for myself as well as students. So I come upon this video [see video below] of Marcus Miller doing it live and he freakin' thumbs the part! He makes it look effortless to boot. So if you give this a try remember to go slow [sick of hearing me say that yet!] and make sure to limit your motion. When most players struggle with this kind of technique they have a tendency to flail their thumb and hand about. Keep it close and tight and you'll get it! Let me know how you do.



Share

No comments:

Videos

Teachers Retirement Party June 2017



Dr. J.J. Unplugged Promo Video







The Dr. J.J. Band



Joleen Dedmon of Dr. JJ

Posted by Live at Old Father Inn on Friday, September 25, 2015




GRIND - Famous Sams 2015





The Dr. J.J. Band