Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bass Forums

Do you visit Bass Forums? If you do, do you post replies or start new threads? The reason I ask is that I have been spending a lot more time on The Bass Forums since I started blogging and I found myself doing some Internet research on web traffic to different websites and what I have found is that very few of the people visiting these sites are writing anything! Most people are just readers. Nothing wrong with that, I was just shocked because I was under the impression that the main reason people were going to Forums was to actually post. The traffic these sites are getting is amazing and what a wealth of information you will find in them. If you have never used a Forum, some of the best advice I can give you is to use the search features within the Forum itself. Lets say you are thinking about buying a…..”Acme Bass Pedal” and don’t know much about them. Go to some forums and enter “Acme Bass Pedal” in the search box within the forum and with any luck a variety of “threads” will come up with bass players talking about the pro’s and con’s of the pedal. Can’t find a tab? Some of these Forums have members that will race to their bass and draw one up for you. So find some forums, bookmark them and have start taking advantage of the great bass communities out there.

Here are some of my favorites….Just click on the Forum name for the links.


Talk Bass Forum
Stanley Clarke Interactive
Bass Player Magazine Forum
Jaco Pastorius .Com Forum
Ken Smith Bass Forum
The Ugly Bass Player Forum
Bass Dogs Forum
E Bassist .Com Forum
The Extended Range Bassist Forum
Fretless Bassist Forum
Bass Heroes Forum
The Ultimate Bass Forum

No comments:

Videos

Teachers Retirement Party June 2017



The Dr. J.J. Band